Wow, can’t believe it’s almost 2019!
If you’re like me, you always want to do better, develop yourself and find new challenges. I know that year 2019 will be epic in many ways because I’ve set some big goals for myself that I’m super excited about. I know that good things and success are on their way. However, it’s not only the big goals that I want to focus on. Here are 8 ways to make year 2019 the best one yet and help you become an even better version of yourself.
8 ways to make year 2019 the best one yet
- Accomplish a goal or a dream. It can be big or small but something that you’ve been wanting to do for a long while. The only thing holding you back is you – it is so easy to come up with excuses or be limited by your own thoughts. But what if I told you that you’re cabable of doing anything that you ever want? You just need to start doing. Just start doing.
- We all have 15 minutes spare time everyday that we could use for anything. That’s just under two hours a week. Have you been wanting to learn a new language? Study 15 minutes a day; that’s over 90 hours in a year. Do you want to read more books? Read 15 minutes a day. Or do you want to learn how to manage stress better and to find your purpose? Meditate 15 minutes a day. 15 minutes a day.
- Choose a vegetarian/vegan meal at least once a week. You don’t need meat to survive, it’s just a common, silly belief. Imagine the change that would happen in the world if everyone ate vegetarian/vegan food on one day every week. People would start to learn the possibilities of vegetarian diet and the animals and the environment would thank us. Be the change you want to see in the world.
- Make a healthier choice every day. Take the stairs instead of a lift. Have vegetables/fruits for a snack instead of an unhealthy and sugary ”protein” bar. Drink water instead of sodas or a cup of long black instead of sugary dirty chai (my biggest guilty pleasure). Stand ar your work desk instead of sitting the whole day. You and your body are not meant to be sitting the whole day – that’s why you get back pain, head ache, constipation and so on. So make a healthier choice.
- Move every single day. Do something to move your body for 30 minutes every single day. I don’t mean that you have to stress about this if you are not feeling well or if you REALLY don’t have time. But I hope you understand that without your health you don’t have anything, and exercising is quite a crucial part of maintaining good health. Make moving your body a priority.
- Learn to say no. Whatever it is that you don’t want to do, you don’t really have time to do, or you wouldn’t do for yourself, say no to. You don’t have to explain yourself. Stay aligned with your goals and values, and just say no.
- Learn to put yourself out there. You need to start attracting things you really want. Make it your mission to never miss a chance anymore because you were too scared to open your mouth and say what you want. If you want more challenging tasks at work, say it out loud. If you want to network with other interesting people, go talk to them. Put yourself out there.
- Do one thing that makes you happy every single day. Only you know what it is. It can be big or small, as long as it makes you happy.